Friday, April 30, 2010

TGIF

Alright time to recap yesterday.....I had my very last Pathophysiology class in the afternoon. Lesson topics included: preterm infants and cleft palate. We also finished up an exchange list menu planning activity. Snacks included a plain Chobani, some chopped walnuts, and a big serving of papaya since I hadn't had it in awhile.




 When I got home last night, I decided to just go ahead and make dinner and was really craving salmon. However I didn't time everything right and had to eat my salmon and broccoli while waiting for the rice to finish. Oh well.



 Then I had some nice relaxing time with my boyfriend. We ended up staying up for a while, watched a movie, and made some nachos with turkey chili, reduced fat cheese, and blue corn tortilla chips. Yum yum! I even had some white cheddar cheetos too hehe. I'm a sucker for all things cheese!

This morning I slept and slept and slept! It was nice to catch up though it was so nice out I kind of felt bad for missing out on it. Lunch was a light salad. Spinach, shredded red cabbage, cucumber, carrot, and a little something special on top. A few months ago I had ordered these maple nibs. They are almonds with cocoa nibs and a little maple syrup to help the cocoa stick to the almonds. I had bought 3 boxes but apparently didn't hide them good enough because less than half a box was left and I didn't really eat any of them before Lent. (I bought them right before lent and gave chocolate up so I stashed them til it was over, then forgot about them LOL)




 I also had a cup of coffee with nonfat milk and Truvia in my new mug!! LOVE IT!


 This afternoon was my last visit to Headstart. We did a "Where does it grow" game and had the kids stick pictures of fruit and vegetables on a poster with a tree or the ground. Those kids are so smart and they seemed to have fun. We didn't tell them that we weren't coming back though because we didn't want anyone to get upset. Overall it was such a great experience!

I made a very quick dinner when I got home. Whole wheat spaghetti w/ sauce and green beans. I also made some sausages with onions for my boyfriend but I don't like sausage.


 I was waiting for rush hour to be over before I left to head to my parent's in New York. NYC tomorrow with my mom, aunts, cousin, and sis-in-law! I am super excited! I won't be bringing my computer though so I won't have a post until Sunday. It should be a good one though since it will have all my NYC details : )

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment