Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekends are basically complete disasters

The title says it all. Everything seems to fall apart on my weekend, probably because there is no structure like during my weekdays. The other part is that it is when my boyfriend comes to visit. I end up staying up to all hours, sleeping the days away, and eat junk food. I have this bad connection between relating my boyfriend to junk food. It's probably because we met in college. We were not part of the "lets go to a party and drink ourselves into oblivion every weekend" crowd. We were and still are the "lets grab some food and a movie and spend the night in" crowd. Or of course sometimes it can mean going out but that still involves food and a movie!


Rewind to Friday for dinner. A nice small plate of whole wheat spaghetti w/ chopped zucchini, red bell pepper, and asparagus (from the night before). This was before my boyfriend got home.


Then later that night, it's movie time. And the snacks of choice include munchos, cheetos, and a cheese danish. I of course ate some of each but only snagged a picture of the cheetos. This concludes feeling horrible night 1.



The next "morning" we had some banana waffles topped with strawberries and a little maple syrup and a glass of nonfat milk. Not too bad I'm thinking but I could have had a better choice. Oh and by "morning" I really mean noon.



Then around 5 we had dinner, or so I thought. I had a small piece of salmon with about a half a cup of brown rice and a spoonful of beans along with a spinach salad. That meal sounds even better. I think things are looking up! But I forgot to take a picture of the fantastic meal......

We went shopping at Legacy Place in Dedham which made my day. I got a bunch of nice things at H&M which even though my boyfriend complained, I consider complete investment. They will last a long time! I got a tan trenchcoat, a short black button up coat, a pair of plain black flats, a pair of gladiator sandals, and some nautical wedges, a bathing suit (only $10 for top and bottom!), a new umbrella, and a classic white t-shirt. All investments, am I right? After that we were going to see Clash of the Titans because I've been wanting to see it since it came out. However, plans changed. We ended up going out to eat dinner about 3 hours after we had just eaten dinner. We went to the Brickhouse Cafe in Dedham because we had gift certificates. Honestly I didn't think it was that great and I didn't eat much of my meal. We started off with drinks. I got the "slush puppy" which was very sweet like I like them and tasted like the syrup at the bottom of a sno-cone but with a bang. Then I had a piece of bread dipped in olive oil while we waited for our meal. I had ordered the "pasta nicole" which was multigrain spaghetti with grilled chicken, sundried tomatoes, spinach, pinenuts, and prosciutto. Dessert was white chocolate creme brulee which was actually too sweet for me to eat all of. After that we ended up not going to see the movie at all. Bummer. Later that night I felt so sick again. End of horrible night 2.

So today was the start of a new day and after feeling horrible for 2 nights I really wanted to get back to my routine. We had stayed up til 4 last night so I didn't wake up until between 1 and 2 (!!!) and then I had some whole wheat penne with sauce and a bite of a chicken sausage. I'm not a big sausage fan but I wanted to try it. Not surprisingly I didn't like it. Afterwards I had a small spinach salad with balsamic and a glass of nonfat milk.





I still feel horrible in general.  Remember Sundays are Blahdays.  I think I just need to get out and about or something. Retail therapy only works so much I guess.

How do the weekends usually turn out for you? Are yours unstructured or do you usually follow the same pattern as during the weekdays?

No comments:

Post a Comment