Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rainy days are here again

I really really wish I could wake up in time to have a decent breakfast. Bar for breakfast #2 this week.... I thought I liked the lemon Larabar but when I ate it this morning I decided it was too lemony for me.  I liked the banana bread one the other day though.


Today was the last actual class for my Food Service Management class and we covered the ADA's Code of Ethics. It seems like pretty basic ethical standards: honesty, integrity, objectivity, etc..... Our final exam for the class is Thursday morning and I'm trying not to be nervous. Exams always freak me out though.

When I came home it was late morning so not quite lunch time but I wanted a real breakfast anyway so I made my 7 grain cereal and stirred in some frozen berries. I'm almost out of my 7 grain cereal, only about 1 serving left! But I bought the Muesli for my next batch of Bob's Red Mill cereal goodness haha.
  • 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill 7 grain cereal
  • 1/8 cup bulgur
  • 3/4 water
  • a splash of milk (I forgot we got more!)
  • 1 tbsp Bob's Red Mill ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 cup frozen berry mix (blueberry, blackberry, strawberry)

And a much needed cup of coffee w/ nonfat milk and Truvia.....


Work work work all day long. Only about 1 more week of this, thank goodness. Second to last class of Pathophysiology was this afternoon and it was actually very interesting. We had a guest speaker come in and talk to us. She is a dietitian at an eating disorders clinic so she gave us an idea of what her job is typically like. I'm not exactly sure if I could work with that population but surprisingly she said that they aren't as resistant as you would think.

My afternoon snacks were kind of spread out. Before I went to class I had a hard boiled egg, then at the beginning of class I had some grapes, then finally towards the end of class I had a yogurt. One thing I found out for sure is that I'm definitely a complete convert to my Chobani's now. We were out so I grabbed one of the Stonyfield's and it was way way way too sweet for me. I ate it anyway though LOL. But still, I'm sticking with my plain greek Chobani from now on.




The more I study, the more I feel like I'm freaking out about my finals, but at the same time if I don't study I will be screwed. I think once dinner is digested I will break and workout to clear my head. I can't be going crazy right now, I don't have time for it! ;) PS- I still feel the twinge in my knee....so mad about that....

Dinner was a quesadilla except it was way better than yesterday! I carmalized an onion and used half of it with some reduced fat mexican cheese blend on 1 whole wheat tortilla. For dipping a had a large scoop of salsa, a large scoop of smashed avocado (not really guac since I didn't mix anything in), and a large scoop of black bean dip. DELICIOUS :)



Last but not least for the post...I bought a new sweatshirt! The couple that I have are all old, basically from high school. They were worn and dirty and not warm at all. So I picked out an awesome hot pink one at the Simmons bookstore. Yay for cozy sweatshirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment