Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Off my game

Good morning! I say that with exclamation but in fact I am exhausted.  I didn't sleep well last night and got up early because I thought there was going to be a lot of traffic due to the Tea Party rally in Boston today. But in fact for me there was no extra traffic and I got to school in the same amount of time it usually takes me.  My problem was that in my rush to get out of the house I 1) Forgot my lab coat, 2) Forgot my ID badge, and 3) Didn't even get to grab anything for breakfast.  Totally off my game this morning. Now let me back track to last night.....

In Pathophysiology we finished up the lecture on cancer and started neurological disorders like Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.  Because the only person I know of with Parkinson's is Michael J. Fox, I didn't realize that normally a patient only survives about 15 years after diagnosis but that is taking into account that diagnosis is usually in the 60's.  All these things we are learning about different diseases really makes me not want to get old.

During class I had finished up my VitaCoco water.  I'm definitely sticking with the pineapple flavor from now on.  When I got home I was pretty hungry so I made some baked salmon w/ thyme, dill, and lemon and on the side I made Tina's sweet potato fries with the ground flaxseed meal on the outside. They were so delicious! I got so busy with homework afterwards that I never ended up having a snack even though I was hungry again by 10.



Now flash forward to this morning after my morning debacle, I came home after clinicals (Every other Wednesday morning I go to BIDMC to meet with a patient and discuss diet history and education on the heart healthy diet).  I was STARVING and still exhausted so I made a cup of coffee first with nonfat milk and Truvia.  Then made some 7 grain cereal which yummy additions.
  • 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill 7 grain hot cereal
  • 1 tbsp Bob's Red Mill ground flaxseed meal
  • 3/4 cup nonfat milk
  • cinnamon
  • nutmeg
  • 1/4 cup blueberries
  • 4 strawberries
  • 1 tbsp chopped walnuts


 In better news, my new camera came yesterday! I love it!! Is taking a picture of another camera weird? LOL. It is so much smaller and lighter than my old one.  It's 14.1 mega pixels vs 5.1 on my old one, plus it shoots HD movies, and has a Carl Zeiss lens. And best of all it is pink to match my laptop! Life sure is good right now :)



Now I am off to tend my garden before I have to head back to school this afternoon.  I have a meeting before my night class so it's going to be a very long evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment