Thursday, April 29, 2010

Can I get a moment to breathe now?

Oh. My. Gosh. I am so ready for a vacation right now. Yesterday was such a long day. I packed up some food the night before because I knew I was going to be gone from approximately 8am-8pm. Let's run through this quickly - Breakfast: Kashi granola bar, Snack: veggie crudites w/ dill dip, Lunch: peanut butter and raisins in a sandwich thin, spinach salad w/ tuna, cucumber, and feta, Snack: watermelon.

Lots of pictures in a row but I don't have much time so I'm trying to make this quick. Yesterday I had my last clinical at the hospital. Right as we were about to go see our patient, he changed his mind about having us come in.  So we ended up doing the diet history with our professor LOL. Afterwards I went to the switching of officers for the Nutrition Liaison. Yay for being secretary next year! Then I had some time to finish up homework and do some more studying for my Community final. Mid-afternoon I had to go to the SGA meeting to help present some of the info from the MDA conference that a few of us Nutrition Liaison members went to. Our passes were funded by the SGA so that is why we had to present what we learned to them.  After that it was Community Nutrition Final time! I was so nervous even though I studied for 3 days. It ended up being fine. I think I aced the multiple choice and I only fudged up the essays a little bit. I even got home an hour early than I thought, woohoo! I was really hungry by then so I finished up the last few bites of black bean dip with some tortilla chips and then had a bowl of kashi go lean with nonfat milk and a banana. I think I love to eat breakfast food at all times of the day. When I was younger I didn't really like breakfast foods but now I eat them more than anything LOL. I have no picture of dinner either because I scarfed it down before heading back to the books. I thought I was going to have to pull an all nighter but I managed to stop studying by 1am which was nice.

Now for some bad news bears.....I checked my alarm last night before going to bed but it never went off this morning! I woke up at the time I was supposed to leave which left me no time to review my notes before my Management final! I flew out the door within 5 minutes and made it to class on time. I think I did really well on that exam too even though I only studied one night for it. It was mostly essays so I wrote and wrote and wrote and am hoping it was enough.

When I got home I made a big brunch because I was starving. Spinach, garlic, and feta omelet. Bagel-thin with peanut butter. Blackberries. Nonfat milk. Coffee (in a puerto rico mug! I miss it there a lot).

Also, look what my professor got me as an end of the year gift for being her assistant. I absolutely love it! I couldn't use it today though because it was in the dishwasher.

It isn't really break time yet though. I had to edit my case study a little bit since it is due this afternoon. Today is my last Pathophysiology class. Then maybe tonight I will have a moment to breath!
  • Pathophysiology Exam 3
  • Headstart Lessons X 1
  • Headstart Summary Project Write-up - 1/2 way done
  • Community Nutrition Final
  • Public Speaking Presentation
  • Food Service Management Final
  • Clinicals w/ writeup X 2
  • Pathophysiology Case Studies
  • Pathophysiology Final 
Look at all those crossed off lines! Makes me feel really good. Last Headstart Lesson is tomorrow afternoon, then my group is finished the write-up on Monday. Patho final on Wednesday. Free and clear after that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment