Friday, April 9, 2010

High on Life

!!!!!!!! I am so happy today. This has been one of my best weeks in a while.  Not only was I elected to be secretary of Simmons Nutrition Liaison next year, today I got an internship at Nuval for the summer! I am definitely high on life right now. hehe :)

I had a nice hearty breakfast this morning to power me through my interview.  My usual 7 grain cereal and a cup of coffee. Still no milk (I accidently didn't schedule peapod for last night so it's coming tonight).
  • 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill 7 grain hot cereal
  • 1 tbsp Bob's Red Mill ground flaxseed meal
  • 3/4 cup water
  • cinnamon
  • nutmeg
  • 1 tbsp Teddie unsalted smooth peanut butter

The interview went really well. I met Rachel Rodek, RD, the Nutrition Communications Manager and Sam Cron, the Human Resources Manager.  They were both really nice and welcoming.  You can definitely tell it is a very caring environment there.  Because the rest of my semester is so busy, I'm going to be starting there in May. I can't wait!  This is the outfit I wore. I love it and I actually got it at Sears of all places!



When I got back I was a little hungry already so I snacked on some cantaloupe w/ fresh mint and 2 of my Carrot Raisin Oatmeal cookies.  They are a little dry actually but they satisfy my cookie craving.  I don't think anybody else in this household would choose them though.



Now I'm getting to work on my work-study assignment for next week, then this afternoon I am headed out to the South End Head Start to meet the kids my group is going to teach some lessons to over the next couple Fridays.  If only today were sunny!

2 comments: