Sunday, April 11, 2010

Into Boston We Go

Today started out with sleeping in nice and late, followed by a bowl of cantaloupe with fresh mint (no picture).  I had an appointment at the Sony store to get my fan replaced on my laptop. It's been broken basically since I got it last July due to a manufacturing error with the fan but I never had the time to get it fixed.  HOWEVER, when I got there I found out it had to be sent out for a week and wasn't going to be replaced there.  They never mentioned that to me when I made the appointment so I told them that would be impossible since I have so much school work to do.  Now I have to bring it back at the end of the semester and my fan is still broken.  Going to get my computer fixed was the main reason my boyfriend and I went into downtown Boston today and it ended up being a bust.  The rest of the day was great though.  Before the "appointment" we stopped into Spike's Junkyard Dogs for lunch.  I chose the grilled T-bird chicken which just had lettuce, swiss, and honey mustard.



Then we did the first bout of walking for the afternoon.  We stopped at the Boston Public Library which was beautiful on the original side. I took a couple pictures of course.








 After the non appointment it was time for our second bout of walking around.  After walking all afternoon my feet were really tired.  We saw the "castle" of Boston.  It was an old militia fort originally but now part of it is a restaurant and part of it is a venue for concerts.  We walked almost all of Newbury St where I wanted to buy a lot of things but of course most of it is out of my price range : (  We also walked through Boston Common and the Public Garden which was beautiful.








We went to the Melting Pot for dinner because I had been wanting to go for a long time and we needed a "date night."  I had a great time there but unfortunately I had my camera in my coat pocket, which I had put in the car because it had gotten so warm out.  So no pictures from there either! I'll just describe it the best I can though.  First course was the Wisconsin Trio Cheese fondue with bread, apples, and veggies for dipping.  Then it was salad time followed by entree.  My boyfriend and I only ordered one entree which ended up being plenty for the two of us.  For our fondue we got the Coq Au Vin which had fresh herbs and mushrooms and garlic with burgundy wine and there were veggies, salmon, shrimp, chicken, filet mignon, and sirloin plus there were 5 different dipping sauces.  It was cool that the food came raw and then you cooked it yourself in the fondue sauce.  Last but definitely not least was dessert.  We chose the Cookie's and Cream Marshmallow Dream which was dark chocolate swirled with marshmallow and topped with oreo cookie crumbles.  For dipping there were strawberries, bananas, rice krispie treats, marshmallows, pound cake, cheesecake, and brownies.  Except you weren't supposed to dip the pound cake, cheesecake, or brownies because they crumble apart so you just drizzle the chocolate on top of them.  I loved the whole experience but it is definitely better for special occasions than just a regular night out because it is super expensive.

Back to the daily grind tomorrow. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment