Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cookie Monster

Today has turned out to be not so stressful. After watching DAYS, I went to my Pathophysiology class.  Topics of discussion today were Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and Cancer.  When breast cancer came up I found out a very interesting tidbit of info.  Apparently your mammary glands aren't fully developed until your first pregnancy. I'm learning all sorts of interesting things :) During class I snacked on celery, carrots, and red bell pepper with hummus.



When I got home I was pretty hungry already so I made a quickie version of the honey-soy broiled salmon from eatingwell.com. I marinated the salmon in an unmeasured mixture of
  • honey
  • soy sauce
  • vinegar
  • scallions
then topped it with some toasted seseame seeds and on the side I had steamed cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots sprinkled with cumin.  Because I was cold (the temperature was 40 degrees lower tonight than last night!), I made a nice hot cup of green tea. And then another haha



Looking into the refrigerator I also saw some shredded carrots that weren't looking too hot. They were supposed to be used at Easter but never were. So I modified a recipe and made "Carrot Raisin Oatmeal Cookies".
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • a bunch of cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup carrots
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 2 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
Consensus is that they turned out tasting "healthy but good." Yay! I ate one already but they are so small I think I'm going to have to go for another. hehehe ;)


After cooking baking, I did stairs for 20 minutes, followed by 2 sets of 12 reps of pushups, dips, lunges, squats, chair step-ups, and a flash minute of abs. Then it was time for Fringe before my shower (gross but I can't miss it!)

Questions of the day: Do you have a favorite show or cookie?

No comments:

Post a Comment