Thursday, April 8, 2010

I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date

I have no idea what happened last night but I woke up suddenly and saw the clock blinking meaning the power went out at some point during the night! I quickly grabbed my phone and luckily it was just a few minutes later than I usually leave for class so I got ready in a flash and raced to class. I only got there 2 minutes late :) Good thing my body is kind of used to getting up at a certain time. From now on though I'm going to set both the clock and my cell phone alarm. I managed to grab a handful of almonds running out the door and took a picture when I got to class.



Discussion in Food Service Management this morning involved disaster planning and bioterrorism.  Do you ever wonder about someone contaminating your food when you go out to eat?  I never really thought about it before but 'disgruntled employees' was one of the categories of people who might purposefully contaminate something.  There was a story from a few years ago I guess that someone at an establishment contaminated the employee coffeepot and a bunch of their coworkers got sick.  I don't know all the details but I find it scary anyway.

I was starving when I got home so I made a bowl of hot 7 grain cereal.  Is it weird that I enjoy hot cereal any time of year?  I think it's because even during the summer the inside of the house is colder so it doesn't phase me.  Someone used up the milk this morning so I had to make it with water :( I like it with milk because it adds some sweetness plus a good amount of protein and calcium.
  • 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill 7 grain hot cereal
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1 tbsp Bob's Red Mill ground flaxseed meal
  • cinnamon
  • nutmeg
  • 2 tbsp Teddie Unsalted Smooth peanut butter

I also had some coffee w/ Truvia (no milk!) and some cantaloupe with fresh mint.



I took a picture of my garden as proof that some things are starting to grow. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment