Friday, April 16, 2010

Brrr it's cold in here

Rain hasn't started yet but it sure is cold. I hope my garden is okay because it was freezing last night!

In Pathophysiology yesterday we covered a lot of material. We finished up Alzheimers, and then Dysphagia, Acid-Base Balance, and we started Pulmonary disorders like COPD and Emphysema. Lesson: Don't Smoke!!! In class I had a salad of spinach, carrots, cucumber, a tiny bit of avocado, drizzled with balsamic vinegar.  I also snacked on a sliced kiwi and a hard boiled egg.




When I got home the rest of the avocado was screaming to be made into guacamole. I swear it really was screaming at me! :)  So I chopped up a tomato, onion, the rest of the avocado, threw in a squeeze of fresh lime and some cilantro. Ta-da! Yummy Guacamole. I paired it with some Garden of Eatin Tortilla Chips. Don't worry I didn't eat all of it myself. I resisted the urge and saved some for when others came home.



I felt like I spent so much time in the kitchen last night for no real reason at all. The peapod order did come in so maybe that is why I was up there longer. A couple hours later a kind of mish-mash of a meal was thrown together. Black bean gardenburger, a little rice and beans, sauteed zucchini, red bell pepper, and asparagus. Tasty none the less. Alongside was a glass of nonfat milk and dessert was a chocolate bug and an unpictured Cadbury caramel egg :)




I have been having a bad couple of days work wise. I try to get stuff done but I keep getting distracted.  I did manage to finish my writeup for my clinical that I had on Wednesday. Slowly I am getting things finished off for the semester. There is only 2 weeks left until finals week but I actually only have one final scheduled during that week. My other finals are on the last day of classes. Right now I have 1 work study assignment left, 1 regular exam, 3 finals, 1 presentation, 2 case studies, and 2 clinicals with write-ups. That seems like so much for only 2 weeks! I keep reminding myself to just breathe. I can finish off strong, I know I can. I'm really hoping for all A's this semester.....

This morning involved me cleaning up my room a bit because I couldn't concentrate in the mess it had become. I had waited way too long to do my laundry too! Breakfast was actually Lunch again today. The counter was full of ingredients!
  • 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill 7 grain cereal
  • 1 tbsp Bob's Red Mill ground flaxseed meal
  • 3/4 cup nonfat milk
  • 1 banana
  • cinnamon
  • nutmeg
  • 3 HUGE strawberries
  • 1 tbsp chopped walnuts


Now I am off to Headstart for my community nutrition class. The kids in the class we are visiting are super cute and a lot of fun! I am doing my lesson plan first this week. It's called "1, 2, 3...You can't catch me!" and it's all about teaching the kids the importance of being physically active. We are going to jump and dance and run around doing all kinds of fun things. And the prize is.......stickers! Every kid loves stickers right?

No comments:

Post a Comment