Monday, April 19, 2010

A sudden case of hypoglycemia

My post yesterday was full of not-so-good foods so after I finished it, I had my leftover banana waffles with some plain Chobani and strawberries plus just a little bit of maple syrup and cinnamon. It was delicious :)



After all my complaining yesterday, my boyfriend and I ended up going out for the night and we went to Kelly's Roast Beef where I got the small roast beef sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and ketchup.  We also then snuck in our order of cheese fries into the theater where I finally got to see Clash of the Titans.  Since we were up in the North Shore, he took me to see the Madonna shrine too.  It was locked up though so we couldn't get very close.



It was a nice change from our usual Sunday night.  Since today was Patriots day, neither of us had classes and he didn't head back to Worcester until tonight. Yay for getting an extra day with my honey.  I can't wait for the semester to be over because I miss him a lot when he is gone.  We used to live together in Worcester but since we started grad school we have been separated most of the time.

"Breakfast" was very late again today, at approximately 2 in the afternoon. I don't know what was up with me but after being up for 10 minutes or so my blood sugar dropped dramatically and I downed 2 glasses of OJ as my vision was about to go.  I'm not diabetic but I've had the occasional hypoglycemic episode over the past few years.  The worst was when I almost passed out in church.  Ever since then my dad always interrogates me to make sure I've eaten beforehand.  I can't help it that church is so early I'd rather sleep than eat!  Once I was functional again, I made us some eggs (1 whole egg with 2 extra whites) and split it between us.  On the side I had a toasted sandwich thin with peanut butter and plain Chobani with strawberries and cinnamon.



That meal held me over for a long time while I got busy studying for my pathophysiology exam for tomorrow.  I also drank a coffee to help fuel the study session.  I probably made about 130 flashcards over the course of 6 hours.  It took me a while but it's a lot of information.  The exam is on upper and lower GI disorders, bariatric surgery, diabetes, liver and pancreatic disorders, cancer, carb counting, and the exchange system. Whew......I've definitely got to study some more.  Dinner was some whole wheat penne w/ marinara sauce and I added in some spinach and peas, topped off with a little bit of grilled cod.


Back to the routine and back to studying.....

No comments:

Post a Comment