Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Yummy yummy in my tummy

I LOVE salmon, I really do. That's a far cry from how I felt when I was younger but I digress. Let's start from the beginning......

I woke up this morning before my alarm because I was having the strangest dream/nightmare. There was some sort of evil entity in this house I was in (I didn't recognize the house) and it was both in the attic and in the basement. The animals in the house (Misty and 2 german shepherds - I've never even had a german shepherd) kept trying to go to those rooms and I tried to keep them out. And then there were these books that I had to get to try to get rid of the thing but it kept stealing the books every time I grabbed them....I don't know, it was strange, and it really frightened me. I woke up all disturbed. Any one have any ideas about what it could have meant?

Since I was up early I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast - 1/4 cup ezekial 4:9 golden flax, about 10 Kashi cinnamon harvest shredded wheats, a sprinkle of chia seeds, 1/2 cup skim milk, and 1/4 cup frozen blueberries.  The frozen blueberries always turn my milk purple within a minute - it's kind of annoying.


Work Work Work at NuVal. I counted my days, only 7 left :( Booooo.

Lunch was so mishmashed and didn't fit together at all but the food didn't come until after I left for work this morning. I had leftover green beans with some almonds (only ate about half bc it just wasn't tasting very good) followed by a slice of whole wheat bread with almond butter and raisins.



In the afternoon I snacked on about 1/2 cup of Indian Spiced Roasted Chickpeas that I made. They had cumin, coriander, and cinnamon on them and were roasted for about 20 minutes. I got the recipe from Fitness magazine circa January 2009. I though they were alright but very dry. I probably won't make them again but I like to try things at least once.



I hit a little rush hour on the way home. Boooooo.

Between deciding what I wanted to make for dinner, cooking it, and eating it, it took me 2 hours. I'm such a slowpoke. But I had an amazing dinner anyway. This time I modified a recipe from Fitness magazine circa February 2010 - Cumin Salmon with Yogurt Cucumber Sauce. Well we don't have any cucumbers or scallions that were required so my yogurt sauce just had some parsley and dill and a squirt of lemon juice. (Use nonfat greek yogurt). I mixed some dill into a little quinoa and steamed a side of broccoli - voila! A perfect tasty meal.




I will definitely be making that again. Did I mention how much I love salmon? I'm bringing leftover to work tomorrow so there's your sneak peak.

I'm very much in the mood to make Lemon Chia Seed muffins right now but it's late and I shouldn't dirty up the kitchen again. I think I'll just go have a little snack.

Oh and I was a total maniac tonight as far as workout goes. I put on Fergie, Pussycat dolls and the like and danced around like a crazy lady. There was dancing, running, jumping, boxing, and many squats to the song "Low" hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment