Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th Weekend: Part 2

Yesterday started out late and we ended up waiting until 3:30 for lunch. Luckily I had a peach earlier but I was still really hungry by the time we got in the restaurant.


We went to G'Vanni's in the North End. I skipped the bread this time (even though I was hungry) and waited for our salad to come. It was a simple house salad with balsamic vinaigrette.  For my meal I ordered the Shrimp G'Vanni which was sauteed shrimp with whole wheat spaghetti, pesto, and flaxseed oil. I enjoyed mine but others who ordered the dish (minus the shrimp) ended up having much more oil than mine. I ate about half and doggie bagged the rest.  For dessert I had a little cannoli. The picture has two but I shared :)




After lunch/dinner I went for a short walk, probably about a mile. Then it was time to head into Boston. I wanted to see Toby Keith but we were waiting around forever and I only ended up hearing one song in between the Boston Pop's. We tried to find a good spot to view the fireworks but they had blocked off the bridge by the time we walked over so we ended up under a tree! It was hard to find a spot that wasn't blocked by a tree. I munched on some peanut M&M's but no pic. The show was still really good and of course trying to get home was a mob scene. The T was jam packed but we made it back fine.



Our night concluded with a trip to Mcdonalds (I know but I was so hungry - I basically only had one meal the whole day!) where I had nuggets and fries.  Today is Monday so it's back to the grindstone and back to eating healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment