Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dinner discussions

I thought I would write a short post concerning last night's discussion while we were having birthday cake. You see, my boyfriend's brother is a wrestler/power lifter so he's always doing some sort of crazy diet and fluctuating in weight as most people in those sports do (strict before competitions and then let loose afterwards kind of thing). Right now he is on a diet that consists of meat of all kinds and spinach (and I think one more thing) from Monday to Friday and then on Saturday and Sunday he is allowed fruits, veggies, and low-glycemic carbohydrates. I of course put in my two cents and said that wasn't healthy but like most men, he's stubborn and doesn't agree. He lost about 13 lbs in just over a week so it's got to be good, right?........ End topic 1.

Topic 2. Time for a diet experiment. My boyfriend's mother is very tiny. She is about 5'2.5" and 100 lbs at most. But that's just how her body is - she has a very fast metabolism and never sits still. She doesn't work out per se but she is constantly either at work or doing housework so she doesn't get much time for other things. With 6 kids of course she is busy. Anyway she is not a big eater either, but again that is how she is. Since nobody knows just how much she actually does eat to keep her energy up she's going to do a 3 day food record and I'm going to analyze it with my diet analysis software. We'll see how it turns out.  Plus she loves to hear about what I learn at school so it's nice for someone to actually listen to my nutrition advice hehe.

At this point in my life, I'm more concerned about nutrient intake than anything, I believe variety is key, AND I wish people would stop looking for a magic solution to instantly lose 20 lbs. That's not how the world works. Eat good, nutritious food and enjoy it. End rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment