Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thank goodness for AC

Well it is another sweltering hot day in Boston. Even though my bedroom is in the basement at my boyfriend's house, it doesn't get cool and all I have is a little fan. Considering the heat, I slept really well and didn't want to get up this morning. I wasn't very hungry either when I got up so I decided to bring breakfast to work, but lo and behold 10 minutes into the car ride I was starving! My commute is about 30 minutes so I just had to deal. When I got there I made a coffee (with skim milk and Truvia) and gobbled up my b-fast. They had hazelnut coffee at work today for the first time! Usually I have the french vanilla but I was excited about the new flavor :) For food I had 3/4 cup plain 0% Chobani, 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Muesli, 1 tbsp crushed walnuts, cinnamon, and about 3/4 cup strawberries.  These strawberries were from the farmers market again but weren't as good as the ones I got the previous week. Hmmmm.....



Work work work all morning. Busy little bee. I've got to finish the FAQ's by Monday and I'm still working on the toolkits so I've got a lot on my plate but it's good. All I can say is thank goodness for the air conditioning in the office. Much nicer in here than outside or home (both of which I'm sure are in the 90's)! I just finished lunch which was a sandwich thin (NuVal score of 37) topped with Teddie Smooth Unsalted peanut butter (NuVal score of 49) and about a tbsp of raisins (NuVal score of 87). On the side I made a salad like the one I had last night - spinach, red leaf lettuce, beets, onions, cucumbers, topped with goat cheese. Serious deliciousness right there. The whole thing turned red from the beets since I packed it last night. Be careful though, it's messy and I'm pretty sure the beets can stain?


No comments:

Post a Comment