Well today was a busy day to say the least. My morning consisted of prying myself out of bed, eating breakfast, baking cookies, working out, then showering and getting ready to go to school all afternoon. Why did I bake cookies you ask? Well I wanted to bring a sweet treat to our Nutrition Liaison meeting so I made Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies! Some of the pumpkin was used for my oatmeal too. Oh that reminds me, I wrote a letter to oatmeal and thought I should share:
Oh how I’ve missed your ooey gooeyness, creamy mushyness. Let’s not be apart for so long next time.
Yeah I was excited for oatmeal for breakfast. It really has been a while.
And here’s the cookies too! At this point I think it’s unnecessary to share a recipe. I mean how many more pumpkin cookies recipes do we need that are basically all the same?
So my workout was a kick booty strength routine followed by yoga from OnDemand. You see I need to kick it up a notch because I’m seriously contemplating getting this halloween costume:
Yeah it’s Lady Gaga’s performance outfit from the 2009 VMA’s. Halloween is next weekend and I didn’t realize I needed a costume until yesterday (plans were just made!) So I’m going to the halloween store tomorrow to see what they have, otherwise I might be ordering that with expedited shipping. What do you think about it?
ANYWAY, I had mucho meetings and such this afternoon at school so I made sure to grab some lunch first. We don’t have any bananas so I tried to make a green monster without one. It wasn’t great let me tell you. With only skim milk, spinach, and strawberries, I only drank half of it. Then quickly followed it up with some soup minus half the sodium laden broth.
Then it was off to school: First meeting with my thesis partner, then the Nutrition Liaison meeting, and then class. Whew.
Good thing I had this little girl to come home to:
My bestie from college (and my big!) Eva sent her for my birthday. We both love the little mermaid :) And I collect Precious Moments!
I also brought a snack along for the long afternoon (plus 1 leftover cookie!)
And before I forget. Thank you to Meg for picking me as one of the sunshine award winners! I’m so honored :)
Now I’m passing it along.
1) Rachel, Forays in the Kitchen – I’m so glad that I met you. You are such a kind and smart woman! I’m honored to have been your intern :)
2) Gracie, Girl Meets Life – I’ve love that you’ve expanded your blog to include more makeup and fashion pieces! Always a great read!
3) Bethany, More Fruit Please – Prince. Need I say more?!
4) Chelsea, One Healthy Munchkin – Everything you eat always looks so tasty! Food inspiration right there :)
5) Nicole, PreventionRD – Always a new recipe and sometimes we’re even graced with Lily’s presence! What can I say I’m a sucker for pets hehe
6) Meredith, Pursuing Balance – Thank you for revealing the life of a dietetic intern!
7) Jean, Roasted Roots and Pumpkin Spice – You always leave such great comments! Plus our birthdays are really close together :)
8) Kailey, SnackFace – Your confidence is contagious! Thanks for sharing the wealth :)
9) Megan, The Oatmeal Diaries – I may not be an undergrad anymore but I love the stories you share about college life!
10) Katie, Yes I Want Cake – I can’t help but smile and laugh at your “in the 3rd grade world” stories
11) Dorry, Living With Healthy Hunger – Your life is just amazing! Everyone should go back and check out her posts the trip to Europe.
12) Ellen, Fired N Fabulous – A post for any topic you could imagine. Plus mingling with celebs ;)
1. Save the image above and post it to your own blog
2. Pass the award on to 12 fellow bloggers
3. Link the nominees
4. Let nominees know they have won this award by commenting on their blog
5. Share the love and link to the person you received this award from.
My brother also suggested I include more educational material on the blog so I’ll try to include that more in the future. Who cares about just reading my day to day life anyway!? Might as well provide some useful info while I’m at it. Just for input, would you be interested in that?
I’m off for a quick jog since it’s late but I want to get one in. Then I have no idea what I’m having for dinner but it will be accompanied by homework for sure.
Grey’s tonight woohoo!