Thursday, October 21, 2010

Leather and Jeans, Garage Glamorous

I had wicked insomnia again last night. Confirmation of the menstrual insomnia – complete. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, refer back to my previous posts 1, 2, and 3.

Well today was a busy day to say the least. My morning consisted of prying myself out of bed, eating breakfast, baking cookies, working out, then showering and getting ready to go to school all afternoon. Why did I bake cookies you ask? Well I wanted to bring a sweet treat to our Nutrition Liaison meeting so I made Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies! Some of the pumpkin was used for my oatmeal too. Oh that reminds me, I wrote a letter to oatmeal and thought I should share:

Dear Oatmeal,

Oh how I’ve missed your ooey gooeyness, creamy mushyness. Let’s not be apart for so long next time.

Love, Christina

Yeah I was excited for oatmeal for breakfast. It really has been a while.

DSC01143 There’s a tree in my coffee! :)

DSC01144 Pumpkin Oatmeal w/ Teddie Unsalted Peanut Butter

And here’s the cookies too! At this point I think it’s unnecessary to share a recipe. I mean how many more pumpkin cookies recipes do we need that are basically all the same?

DSC01146

DSC01147 The powdered sugar basically melted off by the time I got them to the meeting……

So my workout was a kick booty strength routine followed by yoga from OnDemand. You see I need to kick it up a notch because I’m seriously contemplating getting this halloween costume:

image

Yeah it’s Lady Gaga’s performance outfit from the 2009 VMA’s. Halloween is next weekend and I didn’t realize I needed a costume until yesterday (plans were just made!) So I’m going to the halloween store tomorrow to see what they have, otherwise I might be ordering that with expedited shipping. What do you think about it?

ANYWAY, I had mucho meetings and such this afternoon at school so I made sure to grab some lunch first. We don’t have any bananas so I tried to make a green monster without one. It wasn’t great let me tell you. With only skim milk, spinach, and strawberries, I only drank half of it. Then quickly followed it up with some soup minus half the sodium laden broth.

DSC01148

DSC01149

DSC01151

DSC01154

Then it was off to school: First meeting with my thesis partner, then the Nutrition Liaison meeting, and then class. Whew.

Good thing I had this little girl to come home to:

DSC01152

My bestie from college (and my big!) Eva sent her for my birthday. We both love the little mermaid :) And I collect Precious Moments!

I also brought a snack along for the long afternoon (plus 1 leftover cookie!)

DSC01150  1/2 Red Bell Pepper w/ hummus and an apple.

And before I forget. Thank you to Meg for picking me as one of the sunshine award winners! I’m so honored :)

image

Now I’m passing it along.

1) Rachel, Forays in the Kitchen – I’m so glad that I met you. You are such a kind and smart woman! I’m honored to have been your intern :)

2) Gracie, Girl Meets Life – I’ve love that you’ve expanded your blog to include more makeup and fashion pieces! Always a great read!

3) Bethany, More Fruit Please – Prince. Need I say more?!

4) Chelsea, One Healthy Munchkin – Everything you eat always looks so tasty! Food inspiration right there :)

5) Nicole, PreventionRD – Always a new recipe and sometimes we’re even graced with Lily’s presence! What can I say I’m a sucker for pets hehe

6) Meredith, Pursuing Balance – Thank you for revealing the life of a dietetic intern!

7) Jean, Roasted Roots and Pumpkin Spice – You always leave such great comments! Plus our birthdays are really close together :)

8) Kailey, SnackFace – Your confidence is contagious! Thanks for sharing the wealth :)

9) Megan, The Oatmeal Diaries – I may not be an undergrad anymore but I love the stories you share about college life!

10) Katie, Yes I Want Cake – I can’t help but smile and laugh at your “in the 3rd grade world” stories

11) Dorry, Living With Healthy Hunger – Your life is just amazing! Everyone should go back and check out her posts the trip to Europe.

12) Ellen, Fired N Fabulous – A post for any topic you could imagine. Plus mingling with celebs ;)

The Guidelines:

1. Save the image above and post it to your own blog
2. Pass the award on to 12 fellow bloggers
3. Link the nominees
4. Let nominees know they have won this award by commenting on their blog
5. Share the love and link to the person you received this award from.

 

My brother also suggested I include more educational material on the blog so I’ll try to include that more in the future. Who cares about just reading my day to day life anyway!? Might as well provide some useful info while I’m at it. Just for input, would you be interested in that?

I’m off for a quick jog since it’s late but I want to get one in. Then I have no idea what I’m having for dinner but it will be accompanied by homework for sure.

Grey’s tonight woohoo!

9 comments:

  1. Your oatmeal looks so yummy - and I don't even love oatmeal! And I LOVE the Gaga costume...go for it!

    And thank you for the award!! You are so sweet! I'm glad my 3rd grade stories entertain you as much as they do me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go for the Gaga costume too! I can't believe Halloween is right around the corner. Time is flying by! I'm not sure if I have plans yet or not, so I haven't even started thinking of a costume yet either. I better get on that! Thank you so much for the award! And Prince says thanks for the awesome shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina - you're awesome! You have so much gumption and endeavor to do the best... I mean, who volunteers to work at a company for your ENTIRE summer? No pay! Simply amazing :) Thank you for the award, I'll be sure to pass it on to those who bring sunshine to other people just like you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Lady Gaga costume--do it!!

    And great pics on the Sunshine Award. I read a lot of those girls, and you've even got some new names that I can add to my Reader. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thanks for the blog award! :)

    I tried a GM without the banana once too and it was terrible! I'll never make that mistake again haha.

    Your pumpkin cookies look amazing! I've been meaning to make a batch myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christina, thank you! You're too sweet! I love your blog, too...just wish I had more time to read posts! :)

    LOVE the Lady Gaga costume...she's something else! And I'm all for educational stuff, personally. But I like hearing about the blogger, too...so don't skimp on that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the award! You are such a sweetie!!! And your Precious Moments Little Mermaid is so adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just know there will be lots of Lady Gaga costumes this year, I can't wait to see how creative people get!

    Glad you got your oatmeal back in your morning routine. I always miss it when it's gone too. So sad! What would we do without oatmeal?!?

    ReplyDelete