Monday, October 4, 2010

A Case of the Mondays

Maybe it’s the weather but I feel so blah today. And stressed. School has got me pulling my hair out. My nerves are completely shot right now. I just want to curl up in a ball and stay there for a week!

But of course I can’t do that. I had a great weekend catching up with family and friends (that visit made me so homesick when I had to drive back to Boston!). Now it’s back to work. Can I start counting down – 2 months until winter break?

First thing today I had a Starbucks Frappuccino Light. I think they’re new? I love these things and am so glad they have a light version now!

DSC01040

Then I had a plain 0% Chobani and threw in a pumpkin muffin that my mom sent back with me. Yeah that’s right I didn’t even crumble it hehe. I also had an apple which you can clearly see and don’t need an explanation.

DSC01042

DSC01043

After a meeting I ended up having soup and a salad. I still have so much leftovers of this bean and bulgur soup! I’m amazed. Salad was just arugula, spinach, red bell pepper, mini cuc, and feta.

DSC01044

DSC01045

Snackage – a new Kashi bar. Pumpkin Pecan. Delicious. and some strawberries and papaya. It was a “to-go” snack. As in I had class tonight. I so wasn’t in the mood but I couldn’t skip obviously.

DSC01046

Dinner? A failed panini style sandwich. Arnold whole wheat sandwich thin, arugula, shredded mozz cheese, and a tuna and bean mixture that I make. It still tasted good, it just felt apart kinda.

DSC01047

DSC01048

The tuna/bean mixture is so tasty. I had a couple extra spoonfuls on its own. It’s just a can of pink beans (rinsed and drained), a can (or two) of tuna, a splash of olive oil and red wine vinegar, and basil and oregano to taste or whatever herbs you want to throw in! Yum Yum.

I’ve got more work to do tonight. Never-ending! In the meantime I have to stare at these:

DSC01041

My mom sent me with my birthday presents but I can’t open them until my birthday next week. Oh how they taunt me.

I’m also missing this girl:

DSC00988

I don’t think she liked having her picture taken when she was trying to go to sleep hehe. Since my dad is on crutches and can’t do anything for 2 months, poor Lena doesn’t get to play ball as much. They are going to go stir crazy together.  I’m going home again in 2 weeks (for a nutrition conference) so I have to try to make up for it then :)

 

Here’s hoping tomorrow is a more cheerful day! Goodnight!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE that idea with the tuna and beans! I've been trying to think of some new way to eat it. So glad that you had a good weekend with your family.

    I'm impressed you are waiting until your birthday to open those presents! I would have torn into them already. Hee hee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're both October babies - the best month :) Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. birthday pressies!!!!!!!! hehe so exciting! bet u wanted to rip right into them huh!!

    wow i really need to make some bulgur soup this fall!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I can wait a whole week before opening presents when they are in front of me like that. Just look at them! "OPEN ME!" :D

    Your mom's pumpkin muffin looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Regarding your comment on my blog, I really want to read In Defense of Food next!! I hear it's great too.

    Love your muffin on top of the yogurt. Classic.

    And, happy early birthday! I hope it's a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Everyone! - It's actually not too bad waiting to open my presents. My aunt let me open hers this weekend (beautiful dragonfly earrings! We have very similar dragonfly tattoos- it's our thing). Time is passing fast anyway with me concentrating on school :/

    Has anyone else noticed that the older you get the faster the years go by? It really is annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Gina - Thank you! I'm sure it will be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't be able to handle the presents just sitting there. I know I'd rip right into them! (I know you commented it's not that bad, but I think that's cause you have will power of steel.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute puppy! I would never want to just stare at unopened presents! Too dangerous!

    ReplyDelete