Wednesday, October 20, 2010

An Accidental 5k

First let me say “Hello Beautiful”

DSC01135

I’ve been craving pomegranates like crazy since reading about them on Julie’s blog. I dug into one as soon as we got grocery’s last night.

I should also say “Hello Beautiful” to this

IMG_0305-Edit

because it’s National Love Your Body Day!  I love my body because it carried me through a 5k jog/walk tonight with no knee issues. After performing some flexibility tests on myself for my Exercise Assessment class I decided I really need to incorporate that into my routine so I made sure to stretch for about 20 minutes after my jog.  Feeling great right now!

Late this morning I had an interview with Fitness Forward to volunteer with there Drive 2 Fitness school wellness initiative.  Unfortunately I couldn’t really commit to the time they were looking for so instead of being a “Wellness Leader” I’m most likely only going to help out with the kick-off events. No biggie I guess. Before I went there I ate an apple and a handful of mixed nuts.

DSC01137

I had the weirdest cravings for lunch when I got home and they didn’t go together at all. So while I roasted some butternut squash in the oven (craving 1) I scrambled up some eggs with spinach and feta (craving 2). Obviously ate them separately, like 10 minutes apart haha.

DSC01138

DSC01139

DSC01140

I wasn’t hungry when I got back from my jog but I am now. What do I want for such a late dinner? Hmmmmm decisions decisions.

Well I had to wait for blogger to be functioning again so in the meantime I ate this! Plain 0% Chobani, 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Muesli + an extra 1/4 cup old fashioned oats, 4 sliced strawberries with bad lighting.

DSC01141

 

What do you love about your body?

4 comments:

  1. ok, that's it - i NEED butternut squash this weekend. yours looks droooool worthy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, yum, I love eggs, spinach and feta. I love random cravings like that.

    What I like about my body is my lips. When I was in junior high, I got made fun of because of them because they are full. No collagen for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, p.s. I gave you a blog award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMM eggs and feta! Such a delicious combo. I love my legs. They are thin but have strong definition from doing years of yoga.

    ReplyDelete