Sunday, September 12, 2010

We Looked Like Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed - Except There Was No Ed

So I did manage to make it to the farmer's market yesterday for some goodies. I picked up beets (!!), sweet potatoes, eggplant, and blueberries.  Raf's mom makes some delicious beets so I was glad to get some but I think that she usually throws away the beet greens. I've never eaten them before and decided that this time I will save them and cook them up somehow. Any suggestions?

Down the street from the market was a diner that Raf wanted to go to which I agreed to go - It was lunch time after all.  I must say I don't plan on going there ever again. Not that the food was bad, it just was plain and there was a very limited selection. I ended up ordering the cheese omelet which came with homefries and white toast......I ate less than half of the plate and didn't even touch my toast. Oh well. You win some, you lose some. I brought the leftovers back for anyone else that may want it. I also forgot to put my memory stick back in my camera yesterday morning. I must be losing my mind.

The rest of the day's eats included:

Grapefruit w/ cinnamon
Spinach, Arugula, Red Bell Pepper, Cuc, Balsamic, Parmesan Cheese
Tuna Sandwich & Roasted Broccoli
In the mix for the tuna sandwich -
  • 1 packet tuna
  • couple spoonfuls plain 0% Chobani
  • dill
  • onion
  • pickle
  • whole wheat bread
A couple dark chocolate Kisses may have snuck there way into dinner too hehe.  And as for looking like hyenas? Well while watching a movie around midnight, Raf and I were so hungry that we devoured a bag of Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Chips. First of all, what a wimpy bag - 6oz? And secondly, it's much better than the Dominos Pizza we were tempted to order haha. I must say though that even if I eat dinner as late at 8 o'clock, it never lasts me because I stay up til about 2 in the morning. Ugh I really need a change in sleep schedule!

And look who found a new hiding spot? In a space at the bottom of the old t.v. we have to get rid of:



3 more days to enter my giveaway! Let me know what your favorite fall breakfast is!

3 comments:

  1. I hate wasting food. And going to a restaurant where things end up only meh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never eaten beet greens either! I would probably saute them like kale or Swiss chard...Let us know how they turn out!

    Bummer about the restaurant...I hate spending money on food that I could have made better at home! But you're right--you win some, you lose some. It's a gamble you take when you go out to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    I can't believe I've never tried arugula. I need to! Your salad looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete