Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I'm a Hunter.....a Job Hunter

Well today was somewhat productive. I dropped my resume off at 3 places today - 2 gyms, and an animal hospital.  None of them have any current positions though :( But I still left my resume to keep on file. I don't have any experience working at a gym but I think it would be fun and I already have experience at an animal hospital so that is a plus for pursuing a part-time job in that field. I'm planning on dropping of more resumes tomorrow before class. This broke lady needs a job! I'm even up for doing pet sitting or dog walking. The problem is there is nothing near me. *sigh*

I also managed to get all my work done for my online classes so at least that is out of the way for a couple of days.

Lunch today was hot even though it was hot again outside. This wacky weather I tell ya! Was anybody else in Boston surprised by the thunderstorm this morning? I had no idea it was coming, I guess I haven't been paying attention to the weather lately. I regress. Anyway, here's lunch.

Sweet Potato Oats
In the mix:
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 1 small sweet potato
  • cinnamon
  • nutmeg
  • sprinkle of flaxseed
  • last scoop of almond butter!
It was tasty and lasted me all afternoon.  However, I really think my favorite thing to eat with a sweet potato is salmon. Is that weird?

Dinner included the very last veggie in the house. Peapod wasn't getting delivered until late so we had to make due.

Whole wheat pasta, Marinara sauce, Peas, Parmesan cheese
 And then Peapod came super late! But once it did and I helped put away all the groceries, I snagged a delicious apple!


We also ordered a ridiculous amount of broccoli so I'm sure that will end up being in dinner almost every night this week! I love when the food order comes :)

Don't forget to enter my 100th post giveaway - you have until next Tuesday!

Also - I've made a Food.Fun.Fabulous. page on Facebook. Feel free to "like" it! 

1 comment:

  1. Sweet potato oats sound YUMMY! And great job with getting the resumes out...something will happen soon. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete