Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My First Green Monster

Well this morning I finally decided to try the infamous green monster! Except mine turned out brown. You’ll see why.

DSC00971

In the mix:

    • ~2 cups spinach
    • 1 cup milk
    • 4 ice cubes
    • 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
    • 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
    • 1 banana
    • 4 strawberries

DSC00972

DSC00973

Verdict? Tasted fine but it didn’t hold me over at all! Post green monster I waited 30 minutes before working out. I only did 20 minutes of a Hip Hop Dance workout and the 10 minute Biggest Loser Jumpstart. I was starving after so instead of trying to wait it out I had a piece of whole wheat bread with Teddie unsalted peanut butter. I felt much better after eating that :)

DSC00974

I ended up not leaving myself enough time for a real lunch before having to head to school so I grabbed a string cheese and an apple on the way out.

DSC00976 

I didn’t have class at school today so why was I there? Well we are trying to start a nutrition club at the high school next door to campus so a couple of us went over for the “club fair” to get students to sign up for the club. Don’t we just fit in so well at the high school? haha Everyone say hello to Debi! She’s my thesis partner :)  We got a fair amount of names but I’m not sure how many people will actually come to the first meeting. I’ll keep you updated.

DSC00980

DSC00977

I was pretty hungry when I got home so I had leftover soup and some ginger-turmeric roasted cauliflower that I made. I used wayyyy to much ginger that’s for sure.

DSC00981

DSC00983

And dinner later was whole wheat penne with bell pepper strips, marinara sauce, and parmesan cheese.

DSC00985

Man my afternoon eats were pretty boring, huh? I’m feeling so blah. I have nothing inspiring or interesting to talk about today I guess……

 

I was thinking about it earlier and I don’t know how much I can keep up with blogging with all the work I’m supposed to be doing for school. I might have to cut it back a little, but we’ll see if I can even stay away ;)

 

Goodnight bloggie loves!

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about keeping up with blogging. there are times I just want to quit because I feel like no one reads it (hardly any comments!). But then I feel guilty for not posting. It's a strange, vicious cycle, isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should add some protein powder to your monster. It'll hold you over better. Your eats aren't boring. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete