Friday, May 21, 2010

Failure to adjust my sleep schedule

I've still been getting up between 1-2pm, such a disaster. Last night I considered staying up all night so that I would fall asleep earlier tonight. I stayed up until 6 am but then ended up going to bed. I ruined it! I start my internship on Tuesday so I need to fix this, I will have to be leaving the house around 8:15-8:30 in the morning so there is no way I can continue this cycle.

Yesterday when I got up I of course wasn't hungry right away. I eventually had a plain Chobani with some Muesli mixed in, topped with blueberries and cinnamon. YUMMY! I had a half a cup of coffee on the side just because it had been a while and I wanted the taste.



Some of my afternoon was spent out in the sun reading the new Health and Self magazines that arrived. Then I got an urge to make muffins so using the frozen blueberries that we've had for a while I made some Blueberry Orange muffins. Yeah I threw in some orange zest to spice it up a little. When I bake I tend to put in the least amount of sugar and the most amount of healthy pantry ingredients I can find. They definitely don't come out sticky sweet but I am fine with that, it's everyone else that I'm pretty sure thinks whatever I bake is gross. I admit the Carrot Oatmeal cookies last month didn't turn out very well but hey that is what experimentation is about. As for my muffins, I really like them so here are the ingredients:
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
  • 1 scoop protein powder
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • zest of 1 orange
  • 1 single serve unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/2 cup 2% plain Chobani (would have used nonfat but I have to use up the 2%)
  • 2 egg whites
  • splash of vanilla extract
  • 1 cup frozen blueberries
Baked for 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Ta-da!



I had to taste test one of course hehe. I also had another for dessert later on : )

Dinner was some leftover salmon with black beans and brown rice. I like to eat fish more than twice a week so I usually split it up into smaller 3-4 oz portions so I can have it more times. Works fine for me!


Snack monster throughout the night (keep in mind I was up until 6!) Glass of nonfat milk, then a mini whole wheat bagel with Teddie Unsalted P.B. topped with some Craisins, then later a light mini Babybel. Not too bad considering. A day lacking in veggies though. I just seem to be craving carbs and dairy lately and it's hard for me to want a salad in the middle of the night, ya know?



No comments:

Post a Comment