Friday, May 7, 2010

Cinco de Mayo y Mas

Well I decided to wait a little while to post because I didn't want to have more short, boring ones. However, I think I waited too long this time....Here goes.

Tuesday 

I tried studying all afternoon and night but I kept getting distracted and just didn't really feel like doing it. I wanted it to be over already. I made an omelot in the afternoon. Spinach, garlic, and reduced fat cheese.


I also got REALLY distracted when my boyfriend wanted me to go to downtown crossing to see Gumball 3000. It's some sort of race with really expensive cars that is usually over in Europe but this time they started over there and then flew the cars over here. We waited around for about 2 hours and the cars never showed up. We found out later on that they landed in Maine for some reason and were driving down to Boston so instead of being there at 6 when it was scheduled they arrived at like 10. We at at UFood and I got the Turkey Burger with Unfries. Then it was back to studying.....

Wednesday (Cinco de Mayo!)

I had my MNT/Pathophysiology final at 9AM. I ate a slice of whole wheat bread with peanut butter to hold me over during the exam. Surprisingly I think it went okay. I was worried because I was having a hard time concentrating on studying. When I got up I made real breakfast for lunch. I had gotten this free sample at the MDA conference last month so I finally made it. I used nonfat milk instead of water and then added some raw almonds and craisins at the end. It was quite creamy and I enjoyed it a lot.



I was going to head home right away but I decided to cuddle up and watch a movie with my boyfriend, have a little QT before we were apart for a week. Then I had a 3 hour drive ahead of me! Luckily we were having a Cinco de Mayo party at my Sis-in-law's so I had something to look forward to. I made the guac and brought baked tortilla chips. We also had taco pie, regular tacos, and margaritas!







It was a great night hanging out with my brothers and my sisters-in-law and my nephew. He is the cutest little boy. Quotes of the night: "Are you ready for this!" and "Welcome to Georgia!"

Thursday

Look how cute my puppy is! My baby Lena LOVES her tennis ball. And yes she is allowed on the furniture. She is very spoiled hehe.


 I slept in A LOT yesterday. Woke up around lunchtime so I finished up the guac with some baked tortilla chips. Really yesterday was a whole lot of nothing for me. I didn't have anything that needed to be accomplished so I just didn't do anything for once. It was nice. Well I did do a bunch of laundry. It was so windy I almost lost one of my good dresses off the clothesline! Dinner was chicken enchiladas with whole wheat wraps and black beans and a little cheese (I convinced my mom she didn't need to put on more, which she was going to do! She gets so mad at my food inputs sometimes haha), topped with some lite sour cream and on the side was some steamed broccoli.


 My mom also cut out a recipe for whole wheat-flax apple muffins. It was on the back of a box of flaxseed she bought.
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup oat bran flour
  • 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup nonfat milk
  • 2 tbsp canola oil
  • 1 1/2 cup chopped apples
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Baked at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. They came out a little dry so I think next time I will add a little more milk. I also sprinkled some rolled oats on the top before baking to make them look more fancy.


 

 For my nighttime snack I ended up having a muffin and a banana with some Teddie Unsalted Smooth Peanut Butter on the side and a glass of milk.


 I used last night to catch up on a bunch of shows I was behind on. Fringe, House, ANTM.....

Friday (Today)

I was conveniently woken up by my nephew at 8 this morning. My brother dropped him off for my mom to babysit for a couple hours. "Aunt Chrissy, Are you up?"....."I am now" hahaha. I downed 2 cups of coffee with nonfat milk and Truvia. For breakfast I had 1/2 cup vanilla Chobani with 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Muesli and a side of 3 large strawberries diced up.




 Then it was off to my hair appt! For summer, I got some highlights ;) Not that great of a picture though. I HATE taking pictures of myself in a mirror like that. I'm not a big fan of having my picture taken at all really so I don't have many LOL


 When I got home I made a salad with what I could find in the veggie drawer. The spinach smelled awful so I ended up using iceberg lettuce as my base. I don't ever use iceberg if I don't have to because it has the least nutritional bang. I threw on some carrots, red bell pepper, and celery and then a hefty scoop of guac my mom made last night. The avocado wasn't ready though so it wasn't creamy and smooth but more choppy. I also had an apple muffin with Teddie PB.



 Spending the afternoon with my pup pup! Sorry for such a long post!

No comments:

Post a Comment