Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Counting down to the end of 2010

I can’t believe 2010 is almost over. It wasn’t exactly a big year for me but I’ll recap some significant happenings:

  • Went to my first baseball game
  • Went to the 2010 Massachusetts Dietetics Association conference
  • Went to the Food For Your Whole Life Symposium in NYC and saw Dr. Oz!
  • Went to Lake George for my grandparents 50th anniversary
  • Peach picking for the first time
  • Worked at NuVal over the summer
  • Did my first “modeling” shoot
  • Went to Saratoga Raceway for the first time
  • Started my thesis this fall
  • Got my lipid panel checked for the first time
  • Saw Jason Michael Carroll in concert
  • Got CPR certified
  • Went to my first live comedy show
  • Went to ADA’s FNCE
  • Got my first massage
  • Road tripped to Michigan
  • Ran/Mostly walked my first 5k!

So that is kind of a lot I guess :)

For my last Wednesday of 2010 (and my parent’s anniversary!), I had a pretty leisurely day. I woke up early but hung around watching the Today show for a little while with a cup of coffee and a green monster.

DSC01572

Wednesday’s are my days off from work which is nice. I made it to the bank today finally. Then I headed off to the gym for a 45 minute total body strength workout followed by 45 minutes on the elliptical. Great workout today! I was starving by the time I got home though.

DSC01573 Tuna melt on a sandwich thin (topped with goat cheese), carrots and celery with hummus

I had some bananas that needed to be baked with so I made Banana Pumpkin muffins this afternoon as well.

DSC01574

My brother thought they had no flavor but I thought they were good. Very moist!

I was hoping to go snowshoeing with my mom again today but she didn’t get home until it was near dark so that didn’t happen. :( Oh well. It’s my parent’s anniversary though so my mom decided we would have a nice meal of filet mignon, mashed potatoes, and green beans with almonds. I chipped in and made the garlic mashed potatoes.

DSC01575

It was quite the delicious meal!

I’ve got to be at work early tomorrow and Friday since my coworker is taking her vacation days. Two long last days of 2010 ahead of me!

Are you ready for 2011? I’ve still got to come up with a list of goals for the year!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! That dinner looks wonderful! Happy Anniversary to your parents! Snowshoeing...that's something I've never done. I love that having your lipid panel run was on your highlights of 2010 - that's awesome!! Have a wonderful NYE!

    ReplyDelete