Monday, January 10, 2011

Fitting in some last minute quality time

Saturday

Even though I worked all day Saturday, having game night made up for it.  It may also have a little something to do with the Pumpkin Turkey Chili my sis-in-law made :)

DSC01597

You actually don’t taste the pumpkin but it was so good! I’ll try to get the recipe from her ;) You may also see I crumbled some of the cheddar Food Should Taste Good chips on top. Perfect addition.

Game night included Apples to Apples (which I’m usually very good at) and Uno. I didn’t win any games! So sad. I think I won the game for who ate the most cookies though hehehe

DSC01599 Cookies and Tea

DSC01600

Sunday

First of all I actually got my butt out of bed on time for church. Quite the accomplishment considering Sunday is usually my “sleep in” day. We went to Dad’s Diner in Copake after but I didn’t know and so I didn’t have my camera. I found it very annoying that I had to pay more to substitute fruit for the homefries, especially when all they gave me was a small cup of frozen blueberries and strawberries.WTF. As for quality? What can I say – a diner is a diner to me. They’re all the same.

Then I spent the rest of the day with my bestie Kelly who I haven’t seen in forever!  Let me tell you that the movie Alpha and Omega is so not kid appropriate LOL.

Monday

Finally got my car back from the shop this morning! Didn’t get it in time to go to the gym and I was actually late for work anyway by the time they were done. Seriously they’ve had it since Wednesday morning and it was supposed to be done Friday but you can’t have it ready by 7:30 this morning? No apparently 9:30 was a better time for them. Oh well. It is running much better though. Good as new!

While I waited I had a Green Monster for breakfast.

  • 1/3 cup skim milk
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1 banana
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin
  • ~2 cups spinach
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • dash cinnamon

DSC01601

Work was easy peasy today. The boss went to Florida for a conference so I spent most of the day finishing up end of the year inventory.  Doing inventory actually sucks but at least I had time to eat my lunchtoday (that didn’t happen on Saturday!). Leftover Bean and Barley soup of course.

I managed to hit the gym after work for a 45 minute elliptical workout. I covered almost 5.5 miles :) Sweaty mess.

DSC01602

Came home to steak w/ onions, green beans, and sweet potato for dinner.

DSC01604

And strawberries w/ HOMEMADE HOT FUDGE SAUCE for dessert. Ooooh baby! I just couldn’t help myself.

1 week from today I’ll be back in Boston. I just have to get through one last semester but it’s going to be really tough. 4 classes + thesis + finishing up applying to internships. I’ll be welcoming summer with open arms.

Anyone else want to skip right to summer? ;)

7 comments:

  1. First off, I love your new header and background! Beautiful!

    That chili looks incredibly delicious. If you get the recipe, PLEASE send it my way!

    And yes, I'll skip forward to summer RIGHT now! 20-degree temperatures are not my friend. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES i need summer BAD!!!... ahh homemade fudge sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. as cozy as these snow days are, yes I wouldn't mind a little summer sneaking in soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to move ahead to spring. This cold weather is enough! And I'm over this slushy snow. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pumpkin chili?-YUM! And yes I would looooove to skip right to summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - that Pumpkin Turkey Chili dish really did look amazing :)
    I do wish we could skip right to summer - only it's already summer in Brazil!
    I wish I could skip the whole year until November, when I'll be on vacation again.. Haha.

    ReplyDelete