Monday, April 26, 2010

Overly ambitious?

Just to finish off yesterday real quick: I had a slice of watermelon in the afternoon. Dinner was an omelet (1 whole egg + 1 white, spinach, feta) and a bagel-thin with p.b. and raisins, along with a glass of nonfat milk.

I had such insomnia last night though. It was rough getting up after only 4 hours of sleep. I slept through breakfast again and luckily had stashed a Kashi granola bar in my car for emergencies. Getting through clinical this morning was hard just because I felt so horrible. The presentations were interesting though.  Students presented on "Fast Food in America", "Organic Food", and "The Low Residue Diet".  I like to buy organic when I can mainly because I don't like the idea of ingesting so many pesticides but the cost is the issue for a lot of people I feel like, at least it is for me.

When I came home I had a cup of coffee with Truvia. We ran out of milk again : ( That always happens when my boyfriend is home on the weekends because he drinks so much of it LOL.



In the middle of my insomnia last night I was thinking about black bean dip so I made some to go with lunch. I just threw in some things I could remember but I don't have the recipe here with me.

  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • squeeze of lime juice
  • a little water
  • cumin
  • garlic (I put in lots because I love it)
  • cilantro


I know there are more ingredients but that is the jist of it so it works out fine. It doesnt look that appetizing but it is yummy I swear! I slathered a little of that with a quarter cup reduced fat shredded mexican cheese blend on a whole wheat torilla to make a small quesadilla with a little salsa on the side. I also had a small side salad of spinach and cucumber.



My knee is still bothering me from my run last week, especially when I walk down stairs. I have been wanting to go back out for a run for days but I'm not sure what to do about it. In one of my fitness magazines (I get a bunch of them) I saw some exercises that are supposed to help with knee stabilization so I am going to start doing those. I thought that my thighs were the strongest muscle in my body but apparently they aren't strong enough to support my knees!

In other news, I am starting  continuing to be overwhelmed with things in my life. First, I just found out that my graduate assistantship only lasts a year and cannot be renewed for next year so that means my income goes down to $0. Then, I was offered another job but couldn't take it because I wasn't available on the days needed. Income still at $0 for next year. Now, I was told about another position that I could apply for BUT it starts in the summer. My issue here? I already have an internship lined up for 20 hours per week this summer plus I'm taking 2 classes. I decided I might as well apply for the job anyway. What's it matter if I'm working 40 hours per week (it's a part time job so 20 for internship and 20 for the job), plus taking classes part time. I just won't have a summer "vacation", that's all. Sometimes I think I'm too ambitious for my own good followed by a bout of laziness LOL. Needless to say I don't think I will be getting to the beach as much as I thought this summer.... that is IF I get that job, I haven't even interviewed yet.....

Afternoon snack was a handful of almonds and a large slice of watermelon. Now I have much more studying to do for finals this week. I am counting down, first to this Saturday because I'm going to NYC for the day and second to next Wednesday afternoon because that is when I will officially be done with the spring semester!


No comments:

Post a Comment