Sunday, October 9, 2011

Spontaneity is not a word I know well

I’m a planner. I admit that freely. So while I think being spontaneous can be a good thing, it’s usually not something I consider doing. I plan, I make lists, I like routine. When things don’t go according to my plan, I usually freak out.

So last Friday (September 30th) I ended up having the day off because I finished my rotation a day early. I started my day with one of my favorite things – sleeping in! I’ve had to get up usually between 5-6 lately since my commute is over an hour so sleeping in is even more awesome now. Anyway, I just planned to use the day to relax, maybe start my 4 page paper on obesity in the long term care setting. At lunch time, I talked to my boyfriend who is now down in D.C. working on his PhD. He left in the beginning of August so it had been 2 months since we’d seen each other.  Somehow amidst our discussion, he ended up buying me a plane ticket for that afternoon! I was freaking out. Could I seriously just pack a bag and go to D.C. on a whim? Well that’s what I ended up doing. And I survived. Luckily I had about 2.5 hours to prepare myself before heading to the airport, which on a side note I don’t really like the Detroit Airport (this was my first time there). The flight was short, just over an hour, and then I landed at BWI where Raf was waiting for me! I was so happy to be there with him. Smile

By next summer, I will be living right around the corner from this:

DSC02057

I can’t wait!!!!!!!!

PS – decorating and furnishing is a lot harder than I thought! The condo is a work in progress LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment