Sunday, December 4, 2011

So Far So Good…..Except For One Little Thing

It’s been two days since I set new goals for myself and so far I’ve been pretty good, though since I’ve been home all weekend that has made it easier to eat better. Meaning I’ve had lots of time to spend in the kitchen (my favorite room of the house)!

Yesterday for breakfast I enjoyed what I consider my trademark eggs – Spinach & Feta.  There’s even a diner down the street that has a spinach and feta omelet and guess what it’s called???? The NEW YORK omelet! How appropriate Open-mouthed smile

DSC02107

MIne is less omelet, more scramble due to the fact that I always seem to get the stuff to the bottom of the pan.  I can only work with non-stick. Stainless steel hates me.

+ 2 clementines since they’re in season!

And this morning I enjoyed a couple more clementines along with another delicious item

DSC02108

Last night I made PreventionRD’s Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread! I made a lot of good things this weekend but this is the only snapshot so far.  Whenever I try to take “the process” photos they just look awful. I’ll have to work on that.

I also made tzatziki and roasted garlic hummus last night, all while listening (and slightly watching) Christmas movies.  I know I said I was limiting tv time to less than 2 hours but since I was really in the kitchen with the tv on in the background I didn’t think it counted LOL. I listened to Babes in Toyland while cooking, actually sat down and watched It’s A Wonderful Life (my first time seeing the whole thing at once), and then listened to A Christmas Carol (the Jim Carrey version) while cleaning the house.  I didn’t pay full attention to A Christmas Carol obviously, plus the vacuum was loud, but I didn’t really like it.

My kitchen adventures continued today (even overnight actually) with my black bean soup.  I had to soak the beans overnight, cook them this morning, and then finally make the soup.  What a long process!  This time I just turned on the Christmas radio station Smile. So I’ve got a lot of healthy, homemade options to eat this week after all the kitchen love.

I did get my booty to exercise today despite the gloomy weather.  I took advantage of Netflix and did Crunch: Bootcamp.

…………..Now for the bad news. Awful news. For me at least.  I let the direct domain that I bought for my blog expire back in September and I just never renewed it.  It’s only $10 for the year but I’m unbelievably broke and just didn’t do it.  I honestly didn’t think anyone else would buy.  But when I looked yesterday, someone did.  I’m mad, disappointed, frustrated.  I came up with the name and someone basically just stole it.  It doesn’t even seem like a legit site either.  So from now on DO NOT go directly to foodfunfabulous.com .  To get to my blog you have to go to foodfunfabulous.blogspot.com

It won’t be bad forever anyway because I was considering starting a new blog next year once I get my RD licensure.  When that time comes, I’ll let ya know.

Alright, tomorrow is Monday again. Only 2 more weeks left of my school food service rotation and lots to do! Full re-cap will follow completion of the rotation.

4 comments:

  1. How does the pumpkin bread taste? I have a can left of pumpkin and I am looking for a good recipe. It looks good. BTW, 80 degrees here today!
    I am rubbing it in I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like Santa needs to bring you a non stick fry pan for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I think I made some pumpkin gingerbread last year and it was AMAZING.

    I noticed that your domain had changed... bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see prep pics, those eggs look delicious! And I'm sooo sorry about your domain name! I know the feelin'...

    ReplyDelete